Saturday, December 8, 2012

CLASS DOJO for classroom management! IT WORKS!!

CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT HELP!

 
I have been hearing a lot of people talk about "Class Dojo" and I had my doubts. However, after much deliberation, and some time on their website, I decided to try it out with my class.

IT WORKED! My rowdy kids got quieter, my quiet kids became more involved...it seemed like a miracle. But will this dream end? I will keep you posted.

 

P.S. I was not paid to advertise this site, nor do I know anyone associated with it. I just took a colleagues advice, tried it, and it seems to be working with some of my blurters and troublemakers.
So.....I must share it with those who teach the upper grades as well as my loyal blog followers!

4 comments:

  1. I tried it as well, and I think that it would be more effective if I could figure out a way to keep it projected constantly. However, I need my projector for my document camera and Mimio.

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using it since last May, and I adore it. I've had to keep being creative with ways for kids to be rewarded for their points, but they so buy in and it has made a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Penna - Kalen from ClassDojo here. Thank you so much for taking the time to post about us - our entire team really appreciates the support!

    If anyone who comes across this post has any questions for us or needs help getting set up with their free account, please don't hesitate to reach out at hello@classdojo.com Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Just found your blog. I love coming across other upper grade blogs. I'm your newest follower.

    I have used class dojo at times this school year, but my entire class didn't buy into it. I love the concept and I think it would probably help if I was more consistent with it.

    Katrina
    Teacherofscholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete