Saturday, February 2, 2013

ELA Common Core: workstation

I have been busy all night (yes, my Saturday night) on the computer creating this ELA workstation for my students.  What did I use? Why, the Crosswalk Coach for the CCSS of course!  I am hoping this will clear up a few questions and problems my students come across on their MAP test and Compass Odyssey lessons. Also, in our ImagineIt units, we are supposed to be constantly exposing the researching-thing all year!

I plan to create matching games with the definitions and examples as well as have students work in their Literary groups to practice PASS-like questions. It's nothing SUPER-FANCY, but it's crunch time for me---PASS Writing is in MARCH!!!!!


(If anyone is interested, please leave a comment below with your EMAIL address!)



7 comments:

  1. I love this! ! I teach 4 th grade but I have a ton of students who would really benefit from it!

    Danaingram10@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this along with everything on your blog. Can you please email this to me? courtney.wright@risd.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I add a lot of these little skills into my DOL. I have two sentence corrections and another "skill" question-- like match a topic with the book you would use to find it, synonym for a word, definition for a word, map of New York, etc. I also put analogies in there, groups of words and pick the best heading, things like that. It works really well for test prep.

    I just finished a non-fiction/business research unit and research essay-- the bibliography was a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love!!! amy_fennell@ddouglas.k12.or.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me this too pretty please?! You are awesome!

    Catherinegracewhite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too!!! I would love a copy!
    chayes@union.k12.sc.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a copy. :) Thank you for sharing! kenessa.jones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete