Thursday, June 21, 2012

Next Year's Bulletin Board backing

I have been thinking of next year's theme ALREADY! I was trying to look at other people's blogs, bulletin boards, pictures, etc. but couldn't really find anything that spoke to an upper-grades classroom. I want to go with a beachy feeling, but not "under the sea" since it doesn't align with our standards and would be too "kiddy" for my 5th graders.

I thought of using turquoise blue, whites, beiges...then the next day, my husband and I went into KMart and BAM there I see this tablecloth---exactly what I was dreaming about. I bought every last one and am planning to make it the backing for my 4 bulletin boards next year.

I then bought 4 pale-turquoise placemats and 3 beige for my 7 tables. I am hoping to purchase 7 galvanized buckets (cheaply) so that the students can have a communal place to store pencils, highlighters, post-it notes, etc.

I am too excited about this....but for those teachers (if any) out there reading this...you get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment